We have shipped SPDocKit 6.0.0. This is a major release with improved Compare Wizard, application settings management, refreshed and rebranded dark appearance, best practices customization and other enhancements. Read more about these new features.
Product version: 6.0.0
Build number: 29324
Release date: Feb 24, 2016
- A new built-in query will help you detect all lists with more than 5,000 items.
- Extra details regarding errors that appear during load.
- A new message box warning showing the user that the report currently being exported contains a large amount of data, and that this may influence both the memory usage and amount of time needed to finish the process.
- Actions screen now has new buttons for easier application navigation – View Snapshots, Options, SharePoint Online Management, and Permissions Wizards overview.
- Report grid messages are more detailed and directive about the missing data and exceptions that may occur.
- Features Usage reports now have a warning regarding missing license details.
- The Groups without Permissions report has been optimized.
- The Job Definitions report has been included in the farm documentation.
- The Job Definitions report now shows name of the job if the display name is missing.
- Advanced Compare ignores the installation date on the Programs List report.
- SPDocKit Extensions now support offline installation.
- Farm overview reports can be excluded from the generated documentation.
- The Snapshots tab is always visible when SPDocKit is installed on a workstation.
- The Configuration Wizard will grant a role containing all of the required permissions to a specified service account. You can find this role under the name SPDocKit_service_role.
- SPDocKit subscriptions will now automatically check to see if the checkout is required in the document library.
- Advanced Compare ignores rule number and last changed date on the managed accounts report.
- The Create Group Wizard allows you to add a group owner when creating a group.
- New query properties: Allow Designer, Sandbox Solutions Enabled, Anonymous Access Enabled, Resource Quota Exceeded, Detaching Pages Enabled, Customizing Pages Enabled, Managing URL Structure Enabled.
- The Load Wizard shows the full object URL and more detailed exception logging.
- A warning will appear if verbose logging has been turned on for SPDocKit events.
- Resolved problem with “System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name ‘Options’.” exception when using a pre-created database.
- Resolved problem with “System.ArgumentException: Log entry string is too long. A string written to the event log cannot exceed 32766 characters.” exception appearing when trying to write exceptions to the event log.
- Resolved issue with List Hierarchy report duplicating list items.
- Resolved issue with user display names not being properly resolved on workstation SPDocKit version.
- Resolved problem with “Microsoft.Office.Server.Audience.AudienceInCompilationException” exception appearing when trying to load farm settings when Audience Compilation is running.
- Best Practices Dashboard was missing proper column names when exported.
- SQL alias not being detected when named same as the SQL Server instance.
- If a “child” checkbox is unselected in the Best Practices dashboard, the “parent” checkbox was still shown as fully selected.
- Resolved issue with Windows Updates report not working.
- Loopback check validation was case sensitive.
- The Temp Db file path check was case sensitive.
- Resolved issue with “System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed” exception appearing when trying to generate documentation.
- Services on Server report couldn’t be sent via subscriptions.
- Resolved issues when documentation template is missing on server.
- ULS logs loading didn’t work when servers had a fully qualified domain name.
- Storage Metrics report displayed only the site collection level in the exported report version.
- Resolved issue with “System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined” exception appearing on the Search Content Sources best practices report.
SPDocKit 6 no longer supports SharePoint 2007 and SQL 2005. If you are a customer that uses any of these configurations, please use SPDocKit 5 to continue documenting your farms.