SharePoint Governance Tool
Enforce company policies across your SharePoint farm using queries and rules. This feature allows you to set up SharePoint rules easily and implement them on various targets, such as site collections, sites, lists, and document libraries. This customizable treat gives you the power to establish particular policies and execute queries successfully in just a few easy steps, saving you hours of work.
SharePoint Governance Rules
As useful to SharePoint administrators as they are to group admins, queries and rules can be set up in a few simple steps. Use the rule wizard to create manual or automatic procedures that will help you enforce SharePoint governance policies.
How to create a SharePoint governance rule in 5 simple steps?
- Open the wizard and determine the type of rule you wish to apply
- Based on the chosen rule, set up configuration details.
- Determine the execution type – manual or automatic.
- Select the conditions for the rule.
- And assign the target scope.
If you are not sure whether you need a specific rule or you want to check its efficiency, create a query for the particular problem you are interested in.
Creating a query is simple!Example – you may want to find lists with more than 4500 items:
- Open the Query wizard and define details such as name and scope.
- Select the fields you want in your report and define their order.
- Then set the execution type, filters and target location.