SharePoint Documentation Tool
After installing Microsoft SharePoint, you need to create a proper documentation file with all the farm, system, and configuration settings. SPDocKit performs this task with only a few mouse clicks.
Documentation is essential – save hours of manual work!
In order to provide support and maintenance of the installed environment, every administrator needs a well-structured documentation.
So let’s see why this is a super-power that every admin and consultant needs:
- Saves time and consolidates all SharePoint settings and other data in one documentation file.
- Allows you to easily choose the level of details for your farm documentation.
- Saves hours of manually pasting data from different sources into the documentation file.
- Create farm documentation in 3 quick steps: Take Snapshot – Click Generate – Open File
SharePoint farm documentation – what does it include?
Collect comprehensive details about your SharePoint farm configuration. Explore gathered data via Farm and Site Explorer and generate a documentation file, which will contain everything that you need for a successful farm administration.
- Farm info: farm, site, and search tolopogy and a servers list and services on server.
- Application management: web applications, site collections, service applications details.
- Information about IIS application pools and site settings, SQL Server configuration, and database permissions.
- Farm administrators and other security information.
- People picker settings, web.config files, workflows, list of features and solutions with their statuses, and other info from the Site Explorer
Project Server DocumentationOn top of the previously mentioned SharePoint farm configuration data, you can also document Microsoft Project Server settings. You will be able to see Project Server sites, security and database information, operational policies, time and task management settings, the projects list, and project permissions. Include this data into your documentation file!
The SharePoint farm documentation can be exported as an Excel, Word or PDF file. Using Excel, you can easily filter, explore, and analyze your data. Share your documentation file with your clients or colleagues, or print it out. Download some documentation samples: