This article outlines licensing FAQs.
Product activation is a simple process that occurs during registration of the purchased product. Product key is being entered and then authenticated with the Acceleratio Ltd. product activation server to activate the product. The entire activation process is quick and easy, and the majority of users will have to perform product activation only once.
Anyone who purchases the SPDocKit will be required to activate the product. If the product is ordered online from the Acceleratio Ltd. website, the product activation code will be sent via email.
You must activate your product within 30 days or the trial period.
If you do not activate your product within 30-day trial period, it will stop collecting user activities until you activate it.
If you cannot find your product activation code, you should send a support request to support team.
You can activate your product 24 hours a day, seven days a week on the Internet. Product activation requires you to type in your product activation code and press activate. You must have a connection to the Internet, in order to activate your product.
We use the information only to verify that your product is used within the scope allowed by the Acceleratio Ltd. End-User License Agreement (EULA). The information is stored in a database and used only for product activation data. If you register your product, none of the activation information will ever be linked to your personal customer information.
Product activation is an anonymous, secure and hassle-free process that authenticates licensed users during the installation process. The process verifies that the product activation code is legitimate and has not been activated on more systems than allowed by the Acceleratio Ltd. End-User License Agreement (EULA).
Product activation is a simple way to reduce and deter unauthorized use and casual copying of Acceleratio Ltd. products with a minimal effect on our loyal customers.
No. Activation is a secure and anonymous one-time process. After activation is complete, the license manager runs alongside the product for the sole purpose of verifying the integrity of the license file and the validity of the product license. The activation technology in the product does not send any additional information to Acceleratio Ltd.
Product activation is a one-time process that is typically completed immediately after installation of the software. Activation typically takes 2-5 seconds to complete.
Product reactivation is required only under exceptional circumstances – if, for example, you upgrade or replace your server, or if the activation process detects that the license has been tampered with.
One SPDocKit farm license can be activated on all servers within the same SharePoint farm. If you want to use SPDocKit for multiple SharePoint farms you will need to purchase an additional farm license for every farm you wish to document.
There are several restrictions in the Consultant edition:
- Consultant License Call Home – once activated on a SharePoint server or on a workstation, the Consultant license has to be re-activated every 30 days.
- The license file generated for the offline activation is only valid for 24 hours. If you try to activate the SPDocKit with a license file generated more than 24 hours ago, the activation process will fail.
- SPDocKit Service is not available with the Consultant license. This also means that the following features are unavailable due to this restriction:
- Automatic Queries and Rules
- Automatic Snapshots
- Automatic Data Retention
- Automatic Email Subscriptions
Please note! All these actions can still be manually executed.
The trial version of SPDocKit has a couple of limitations:
- Limited information in the generated documentation and exported reports. Export to Word or Excel format is not available. You can see how exported reports and documentation look like in the full version.
- Best Practices reports are limited to the dashboard overview.
- Permissions management is limited to 20 actions.
- The comparison feature for one farm is completely functional, but the comparison between different farm snapshots both made in the trial is not possible.
If you would like to see more about the limited features, contact us and we will be more than happy to organize a demo for you and your colleagues to show SPDocKit at its full strength.