This article explains how to exclude installation folder from antivirus scanning in the following SharePoint applications:
- Microsoft SharePoint Standard 2016
- Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise 2016
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013
- Microsoft SharePoint Standard 2013
- Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise 2013
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Standard 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise 2010
- Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server – Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server – Enteprise2007
This folder may have to be excluded from antivirus scanning when you use file-level antivirus software in SharePoint. If this folder is not excluded, you may see unexpected behavior. For example, you may receive “access denied” error messages.
Please configure your antivirus software to exclude the following folder from antivirus scanning:
Please note: The placeholder Drive represents the letter of the drive on which you have your SharePoint application installed. Typically, this drive letter is C.
In case you have a policy that you mustn’t exclude the whole folder, please configure your antivirus software to exclude the following file from antivirus scanning: