This article explains how to use Subscriptions and Alerts to schedule SPDocKit reports and send them to the desired email addresses or upload to File share location and SharePoint document library. In order to use this feature, you have to configure an SPDocKit database and the subscription settings, as well as the other delivery methods you prefer.
Schedule report subscriptions and receive them immediately after the service snapshot, daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly. SPDocKit Service will send them periodically in a configured time. SPDocKit Alerts will be sent immediately after the snapshot if critical data has been detected in Best Practices reports or selected differences report have new information.
You can locate this wizard in the Configuration Backstage screen.
In the main grid, you can see already scheduled report subscriptions and alerts, destination location (to whom or where) and when they were last sent on. All subscriptions are grouped depending on the range type – immediately after the service snapshot, daily, monthly, weekly or quarterly.
Alerts will be marked with the bell icon, while the scheduled subscriptions will have the open letter icon. Here you can:
- create new subscription to schedule preferred reports
- create new alerts for the selected SharePoint objects or best practices reports
- change existing subscription or alert settings by clicking the Edit button
- Delete previously created subscriptions and alerts
- manually send specific subscription and alert if you click Send Email Now
- adjust the time when these subscriptions will be sent and outgoing email server settings
- Search the listed subscriptions and alerts.