This section allows you to define document important information about your farm including:
- Passwords (for service accounts)
- Product Keys (for SharePoint products installed)
- Passphrase (for the SharePoint farm)
To enter the information you want just click on the Password/Key cell and type it in.
Encrypting passwords with saved farms
If you have defined passwords you can choose to encrypt those passwords. Passwords will be secured with AES 256-bit encryption. To save the farm and encrypted passwords:
- From the File menu choose Save.
- Fill in the Name field.
- Check Include Passwords and then Encrypt Passwords.
- You will be prompted to enter an encryption key. (The same key will be required to decrypt passwords. If the key is not provided the user will be able to open the farm, but not able to decrypt passwords)